- The first leaflet: MV Clothing Ltd is active, but does not state they are fundraising for a charity with the charity number. Possible scam as do not have sight of the reverse of leaflet to state that fact. This has been reported this to Trading Standards on their freephone number on 0808 223 1133 as a consumer issue and a possible scam and been a given a reference.
- The second leaflet by Fundraising Support Ltd appears genuine as the leaflet states the company name and the charity details they are collecting for.
- Clothing Collection is a possible scam as per reasons above. No company name or the charity name they are claiming to fund raise for. Only Company number which does not suffice.
Have you received a charity bag for collection through your door?
People need to know whether they’re “genuine” for two reasons:
- If they’re not genuine, you don’t want to donate your clothes to them.
- If they’re not genuine, the regulators can stop them collecting.
You can also do a company search to see if they are active or not.
You can call Trading Standards FREE phone number on 0808 223 1133 to report it as a consumer issue and/or report the scam to Action Fraud or call them on Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm.